A Stranger said I was "so sweet"...

Since I'm a florist I truly haven't received flowers that many times - enough I can keep count, but occasionally I have received flowers from my boyfriend (husband now) on Valentines Day or "maybe" another special occasion. Don't worry I didn't need to arrange them as he got them from another florist. He's more into getting me gadgets and techi stuff which is pretty nifty :)

There was one time at a gas station a man handed me some pink roses he picked from a garden and said, "here, I said I'd give this to the first lady I saw." I said, "OK, thanks." Perhaps not a reaction most women would give.

Whereas I was a grocery store a lady in queue with her massive cart of items ahead of me saw I only had one item which in fact were a bouquet of roses. I kindly asked if I could go ahead of her, if she wouldn't mind and she sort of mumbled something like, "OK...." (with a sigh..)

It felt like a lifetime to get to the cashier since I only had 1 item and while I was waiting I thought I'd give the lady who let me go ahead of her a flower! Her face lite up any dull room and said, "oh, you're so sweet :)". As corny as I am my first instinct was, Yes, it's Simply Sweet :), but I'm not that arrogant to say that to her and I just simply told her it's because she was such a sweetheart for letting me go first. Not only did it make her feel giving up her spot was worth it, it made my day to see a nice lady's smile and face light up :) The magic in flowers will allow you to see a beautiful smile from within. I love flowers!!

0 comments: