Simply Sweet Floral Designs & Simply Sweet Photography?!!!

Feels pretty awesome to see our floral designs featured in one of the most popular wedding blogs Tutu&Fru! The styled wedding theme was called Sweet Simplicity with a fun & bright vintage twist collaborated with
Simply Sweet Photography!

























The photoshoot took place in beautiful Como Lake, BC and I remember it was a perfect day, knowing how unpredictable BC weather is. A nice little set up before the models appearance.



























The colors used in the florals were mainly hues of pinks, white, blue, and the bright pop of yellow!



































Flowers used for this styled shoot included garden roses, ranunculus, yarrow, craspedia, cellosia, gloriosa, peony, dusty miller, viburnum and special touches of edible meringues, and fuzzy pom poms - gotta have the Simply Sweet flowers touch!

It was so much fun and great to work with all the vendors!


Story continues....









OK, so let's go back in time about Simply Sweet Floral Designs. More than five years ago when I first started my business I knew it had to be sweet and that's what I wanted my clients to feel each time they received my flowers. I went by instinct and made flowers for them according to their personality, character and liking. What gave me the passion to start my business was what I saw in peoples eyes when they received flowers I made. Most cried in tears of joy, but I saw how loved they felt inside and because I'm not good with words flowers was the best way to express how I cared for them. I'm a simple person and not trying to complicate matters I said let's call it "Simply Sweet Floral Designs"! I love this name because it portrays who I am and how I want others to feel when they see or receive my flowers.

When I first discovered Simply Sweet Photography through looking at a friends family photos I was a little surprised. I thought, did my husband start his own business in photography and decided to name it after mine? (yes the funny things I think of...) and realized there IS a Simply Sweet Photography! Then I thought how cool - great minds think alike and I liked her photos too:)

It was after the Ulitmate Shootouts VancouverIII event where I participated in the flower department I met Nomo Akisawa, unofficially on facebook. She later asked if I wanted to do some collab work for a styled photoshoot and the details were pretty "sweet". The photoshoot turned out to be a success and I gained a friend in the wedding industry! She's a sweet girl and her work is quite mezmorizing. You will agree when you see her photos of the portraits of others in her work. Even more awesome is Nomo is the Ultimate Shooter III Winner! The softness in the models eyes let's me know she makes people feel comfortable around her.






























Nomo it was great to working with you!! Looking forward to more collab work in the future!

Don't forget to "like" us on facebook!

Simply Sweet Floral Designs

Simply Sweet Photography by Nomo Akisawa

0 comments: