Date night?

Last week my hubbs and I decided to go out for a much needed one-to-one dinner. Originally we wanted to go to Horizons because they sent out coupons and I also need to do a wedding later this year there so I thought why not. Since it was Dine Out week it was fully booked. I said maybe another night then. So, the second option was this little Japanese restaurant I would pass by when I drove to Vancouver and always wanted to try it out. Just by the appearance I already knew it was owned by "real" Japanese - lol. It's called Kimura and if you are looking for a big chunky meal, this is not your place. Instead it's more specialized in Yakitori, tempura, appetizers, rolls, onigiri, but not an izakaya!. A more jazzed up, fusion type I guess? They did serve the nabeyaki don's, but we decided to order side dishes instead. Oh and they had a Kimura Omakase (chef's choice) for $30 each person. They even served Kobe beef~ Overall it was a good restaurant. Enough room to fit a family of 6 with kids on top! If you see Japanese people eating in a Japanese restaurant, it's a good thing. I was so busy talking to my hubbs I only took very little photo. The photo is Spicy sashimi on crispy rice! It was yummy and the portion - good! We even had Asahi too! Didn't feel like sake. So if you are ever in that area, try it out! The only thing my hubbs complained about was we had to share 1 menu and it was a little inconvenient. Other than that, there were a lot of servers and we enjoyed our night!

0 comments: